The castle and grounds at Blatna are without a doubt one of the most important monuments of their type in this country today from an architectural and historical standpoint. The castle's long history, distinct architectural style in a rare surviving environment of parks and water, and current condition all make it a jewel among castle complexes. Blatna is one of the best preserved water castles in the Czech Republic. Its architectural and historical development made this chateau a striking example of the changing artistic styles over the centuries, and since it was mostly held by members of the high nobility over the years, Blatna was one of the places where Central Europe's history was made and shaped.
What to do and what to see here:
· Blatna castle owns the 42-hectare castle park - one of the most beautiful locations in the region. The park is filled with streams, bridges, paths and beautiful alleyways and is opened year-round.
· Another popular attraction in the castle park is the large herd of fallow deer, who graze freely and are very tame, as well as a muster of peacocks.
· Today the only building standing in the park is the Empire-style house where the Hildprandt family now lives.
· Whether for commercial or private purposes, the Castle Blatna estate offers an ideal setting for all kinds of events: from weddings, garden parties and gala dinners, to filming, conferences, corporate meetings and concerts.
· A guide tour through the castle is also available. Everyone and even small dogs are allowed to get into the atmosphere of the castle in company of high-professional guide.
· Coffee lovers enjoy a cup of the best coffee in town, freshly brewed and professionally handcrafted, at the one and only Oh My Deer Café.