History Potštejn begins in the 13th century when a castle was founded, probably during the reign of Přemysl Otakar II. The builders of the castle were members of a noble family, in 1746 Jan Ludvík Harbuval Chamaré bought the estate. The new owner built a Late Baroque four-winged one-storey building from the complex of the farm yard. The Chamaré family dies out of the sword in the middle of the 19th century, and the estate passed into the hands of Dobřenský, who held Potštejn until 1945, when all the property was confiscated on the basis of the decrees of President Edvard Beneš. In 1949 the Revolutionary Trade Union Movement acquired the chateau. The situation has changed only in 2004, when the damaged chateau was bought by Mr. and Mrs. Nováčkovi and the couple began to restore the castle.